I am so excited to be taking part in the Passionately Artistic blog hop sponsored by Want2Scrap manufacturer!!! This is the most exciting and crafty time of the year for me, so this is like having my cake and eating it too. Bling plus a blog hop???? I’ve truly hit the lottery!! :)
Here is a little bit about this wonderful sponsor!
Want2Scrap is currently manufacturing a complete line of diecuts, chipboard, acrylic, and rhinestone embellishments perfect for your next project. From rhinestones to pearl accents, from chipboard albums to embellishments, they carry what you are looking for.
Visit the Want2Scrap storefront at http://www.want2scrap.com
and check out the design team's fabulous projects on their blog!
Now for the really fun part! The blog hop! If you just happened to find us, please jump on over the Passionately Artistic blog hop starting point for all the details. There will be random prizes to all those who stop at every inspiration blog listed for the hop as well as wonderful sponsor prizes too!
Here are just a few things to remember...
- Become a follower of Passionately Artistic and Want2Scrap blogs if you are not already, leaving comments on both sites for all 12 days of Christmas posting for a chance to win.
- Leave as many comments as you wish. . . blog about it, tell your friends on twitter, or even post a Facebook update.
not one but 2 fantastic prizes
- Leave a comment for each designer on the list to be eligible for the grand prize. Did I mention that there will be two winners of the grand prize?? Yes that’s right. One winner will be announced on the Passionately Artistic blog and the other winner will be announced on the Want2Scrap blog. On December 18th.
- In addition to the blog hop prizes, we have a few additional designers giving out goodies as well . . so be sure to visit each blog because if we told you it wouldn't be as much fun right?
Now for the inspiration part and a little ornament tutorial for all of you to enjoy!
Doesn’t this look fun!!! I found this idea over at the Write it Down blog. Bridget at Everyday Chaos worked up this fun tutorial and it just screamed at me to make it . . make it.
So . . . I indulged. I know, I just can’t say no to myself.
I used a little bit different technique for finishing the ornament off but the outcome was so pretty. I wish you could see the glitter better in the photo but if you do try it, you will fall in love.
I can see a bunch of these on a tree in different variations of the same colors. SOOO PRETTY!!!
So let’s get started! Here is what you will need:
1. Old ornament or any clear smooth ornament of your choice
2. Glue Gun
3. Sharpie pen
4. Thin scrapbook paper – two 12x12 sheets
5. Elmer’s glue
8. Want2Scrap Bling
Using your paper trimmer, cut 1.5 inch squares out of one and half sheets of 12x12 thin scrapbook paper. The amount of squares vary depending on the size of ornament.
Wrap the squares around the end of the Sharpie, press to form a flat bottom, and adhere to the old christmas ball ornament. Continue until the ornament is filled.
Now for the fun part! Using Elmer’s glue and your finger (takes me back to my school days) . . rub the glue on the edges of the ornament and then cover with glitter. Working in sections is best. Leave to dry. . . about 1-2 hours.
Next attach your diecut and Want2Scrap bling and sit back and enjoy!!!
Seriously, these are so fun to make and totally addicting. Plus you are recycling instead of throwing things away. I think my scrappy sistahs are going to be getting these on their packages from Santa this year!
So I hope you’ve had fun on this stop on the blog hop. Remember to leave a comment here to be eligible for one of two grand prizes from Want2Scrap:
I hope you've enjoyed yourself. Don’t forget to visit the other blogs on the hop. I’ve listed them below for you!
Passionately Artistic <--- start here
Michele <--- you are here
Happy blog hopping!